Monday 17 February 2014

Fan-tabulous Fun!

I spent a fantastic girl’s weekend in Ballarat with my Aunty Karina. We based ourselves at Oscars which we were really pleased with. Our room was spacious and the bath room was amazing! The spa was massive! So was the shower actually. Karina enjoyed her spa but me not so much. I either had too little or too much water in and it went everywhere! Including all over the television next to the bath. These things always happen to me.

Oscars also had a restaurant on site. Karina and I enjoyed room service for breakfast with delicious coffee. Their warm chicken salad (grilled chicken, cos lettuce, pumpkin, bacon, avocado complete with a honey mustard dressing- all gluten and dairy free!) was so good I had it three times! Oscars was in central Ballarat so we could just walk to all the shops. And oh did we shop! Well it was a girl’s weekend after all. I have already posted some lovely clothes I purchased.

Saturday was spent in Daylesford, about a 40 minute drive from Ballarat. Yet again Karina and I shopped to we dropped (seriously, it was an effort to walk back to the car when we were done). The weather was rather muggy, then it rained and we were unsuccessful dodging the raindrops. So we unfortunately did not end up walking through the beautiful convent gardens. Next time. Daylesford is full or funky vintage shops and eating places. Both of us purchased a 1950s style petite coat made from black lace from a vintage shop. I am rather excited to wear it under my 1950’s style skirts to puff them out. A little black lace looks cute peaking from the bottom and swishing as I walk.


Next up the ghost tour. Did I see any spirits?…
































































1 & 2. Images of the country side driving between Ballarat and Daylesford.
3. Karina and I dining alfresco.
4. Steps leading up to a funky vintage shop.
5. Working record player in some of the many antique shops.
6. My '50s inspired outfit.



1 comment:

  1. So glad you both had a great time,you fitted a lot in Sandra.xx

    ReplyDelete