I am going to the Races this year- first time ever! My dress is sort of a ‘50s style yellow with a black flower and vine pattern (from Dangerfield). I made this necklace to go with it. Here is what to do:
1. Grab a head pin and thread a selection of beads and spacers on. I love spaces as they add extra glamour to the piece.
2. Using wire cutters snip of extra head pin, leaving enough to make a loop (about 1-1.5cm).
3. Using round nose pliers make a loop.
4. Thread onto chain and there we go! I also made a little crystal charm and threaded a key onto a jump ring. Use two pairs of pliers to open and close the jump ring.
· This method of threading beads onto a head pin can also be used to make a lovely pair of matching earrings.